Widening the strategy range
Fri Dec 2, 2011
In terms of strategies and geographies, UCITS is branching out. DATA INCLUDES: 'Macro – top 10 absolute return UCITS funds by annualised rate of return', 'Macro absolute return UCITS funds over $500m' and 'Hedge fund managers launching or considering launching a UCITS fund'
A major reason explaining the growing popularity of UCITS is
the increasingly diverse range of strategies available to
investors in UCITS wrappers. One important strategy that is
becoming increasingly widely available in UCITS format is
systematic managed futures, with a progression of well-regarded
UCITS-compliant strategies having been launched over the past
One example is the AC Spectrum CTA launched in May 2011 by
Hamburg-based Aquila Capital – which trades stock
indexes, bonds, interest rates, currencies and commodities
around the world, targeting an annual return of 18% to 20% with
volatility of 15%.
"We run a big quant group and we’re very
pleased with the demand we’ve seen for the
Spectrum strategy, which we’ve been running since
September 2010 and made available as a UCITS fund in May this
year," says Aquila’s Rosslenbroich.
"We’re now up by 7.5% year-to-date, which is well
above the benchmark."...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager