Risk-on surge triggers big long/short gains
Mon Feb 27, 2012
January saw a powerful sector rotation in markets as
sentiment turned surprisingly and strongly positive, with
cyclicals taking over the running from defensives. Although
many long/short European equity funds did well, particularly
those whose financial stocks rallied, some experienced squeezes
as indiscriminate buying pushed their short positions up.
Many of last year’s worst-hit funds posted
welcome gains. Sandbourne was up 24.22%,...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager