InvestHedge Awards: Smart global multi-strategy proves to be best buffer against challenging 2011 performance
Mon Mar 5, 2012
Nine funds of hedge funds walk away with 11 prizes for performance excellence in a year where the median was down 4.26%
The funds of hedge funds industry entered a new paradigm in
2011 with performance hitting a low of -4.26% for the year,
with only 2008 worse leaving the global FoHF universe down
-17.06% for that year.
|British Museum London: 2012 awards venue
The hedge fund industry as a whole fared little worse than
FoHFs in 2011, down 2.01%, according to HedgeFund Intelligence.
But the main difference between 2008 and 2011 is that clients
have remained more loyal and, as can be seen by the latest
InvestHedge Billion Dollar FoHF (see page 14) survey, that
shows that asset outflows have been far less violent than they
were in 2009.
Despite the continued belief that funds of funds are dead
– the top 10 largest still managed more than 10% of
the global hedge fund industry – there are still nine
firms, managing the 11 winning funds, that have...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager