UCITS: On the alternative UCITS horizon: an industry looks forward
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Independent firms and asset managers will continue to launch UCITS platforms if they have compelling distribution capabilities. Investment banks will continue to see the benefits of being in the alternative UCITS space, especially if they run derivatives businesses, but they will continue to launch platforms or form relationships with asset and wealth managers to whom they will provide various services.
DATA INCLUDES: Alternative UCITS at a glance, assets, new funds, median performance
Joy Dunbar, editor, Absolute UCITS
This year marks a definitive watershed in the relationship
between hedge fund managers and traditional asset management
firms. Due to the challenging economic climate in recent years,
it has become increasingly difficult for investors to generate
real returns in the way they would have traditionally invested
prior to the credit crunch.
This has resulted in fundamental changes to the asset
management landscape which has coincided with the development
of alternative UCITS. Over the past few years, the alternative
UCITS sector has changed its emphasis from launching and
structuring funds to distributing and attracting assets from
retail and institutional investors. The expansion of the sector
will be driven by focusing on distribution and performance.
Recent developments include:
• Traditional long-only asset managers have been
acquiring all, or part, of established alternative or
specialist investment firms. Those firms, which have large
distribution capabilities, will use the services...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager