Stream session: Start-ups, seeding and capital raising
Thu May 24, 2012
Securing seed capital and making it work
Back to main article
A packed session saw three experienced early-stage hedge fund
investors and one recipient of day-one seed capital shed light
on their experiences, for the benefit of the many managers and
investors that had gathered to listen.
|Matteo Dante Perruccio, Rob Kirkwood, Mikael
Spångberg, Sanjay Tikku, Niki Natarajan
The panel comprised Matteo Dante Perruccio of Hermes BPK
Partners, Sanjay Tikku of KAUST, Mikael Spångberg of SEB
and Rob Kirkwood, head of business development at former SAC
man Ali Akjay’s new Carrhae Capital firm.
"A lot of the time these emerging managers
don’t know how to build a business," said
Perruccio, explaining that a good manager is not necessarily a
good marketer. Hermes BPK’s joint venture with
Seattle-based Northern Lights Capital Group last year
represented the best way for his firm...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager