Panel session: CTAs: What is the future(s)?
Thu May 24, 2012
CTAs and the complexities of correlation
Back to main article
After a tough start to the year for managed futures strategies,
four seasoned CTA managers discussed their differing approaches
and the challenges they face in meeting investor expectations.
|Hans-Olov Bornemann, Peter Hart, Ali Nejjar,
Karsten Schroeder, James Skeggs
The panel included Hans-Olov Bornemann, head of the global
quant team at SEB Asset Management; Peter Hart, head of
alternative investment at Valu-Trac Investment Management; and
Ali Nejjar, founder of Solaise Capital Management, which
launched in late 2010. Completing the line-up was Karsten
Schoeder, chairman of Amplitude Capital.
James Skeggs of Newedge, the panel’s moderator,
pointed out that many investors associate CTAs with a long-term
trend-following approach — adding that...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager