Hedge funds declined 0.67% in May
Mon Jun 11, 2012
The Global Composite is up 2.58% for the year.
The Hedge Fund Intelligence Global Composite Index fell
0.67% in May. Funds trading the Asian markets suffered the
most, with the AsiaHedge Composite Index dropping 2.62%.
Despite losses, funds still handily outperformed their equity
benchmarks, with the MSCI World Index (net) falling 8.63% for
Managed Futures was the month's best strategy globally,
gaining 2.15% after two consecutive negative months, which
pushed the strategy's year to date gain to 1.97%. Emerging
Market Equity was the worst performing strategy, falling
5.29%, which cut its return to 1% for the year.
Note: These indices were accurate as of June 11. For the most
recent performance statistics, please click on the links in the
table below to the individual databases. For a complete list of
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager