SPONSORED STATEMENT: HSBC
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Asset security underpins prime services solution
|Paul Hamill, Global Head of Prime
|Cian Burke, Co-Head of HSBC Securities
The search for alpha has long been a global one. More and
more, it is taking hedge fund managers to unexpected places.
While the growth credentials of Brazil, Russia, India or
China are well recognised, many of the fastest growing
economies are in the frontier, rather than emerging,
A study produced by HSBC's Senior Global Economist, Karen
Ward, on 11 January 2012, titled 'The World in 2050-From the
Top 30 to the Top 100', highlighted 26 fast growth countries
expected to generate annual growth of 5% or more over the
next four decades. In addition to the likes of the
Philippines and Malaysia, they included three central Asian
'stans', Egypt and Jordan. Five states in sub-Saharan Africa
also featured on the list.
In economic terms, the world is shifting. Economic power
is steadily beginning to move...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager