IFIA: Change is coming, Central Bank of Ireland says
Fri Sep 14, 2012
The European Union will affect more parts of financial services
regulation across its member states and there will be less
national discretion, according to Matthew Elderfield from the
Central Bank of Ireland.
Elderfield, deputy governor of the Irish regulator, told the
audience at the Irish Funds Industry Association annual global
funds industry conference earlier this week that this means
that engagement in Europe is more important than ever.
He said: "The need for engagement is immediate and pressing
– and in the short term Ireland will have a central
role to play as Presidency of the EU...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager