Game on for China-focused offshore funds
Mon Sep 17, 2012
The general consensus among investors is for a slowdown that will inevitably hurt corporate earnings
Hold on to your hats. Even if you don’t believe
the doomsayers who are forecasting a hard landing ahead for the
Chinese economy, the general consensus among investors is for a
slowdown that will inevitably hurt corporate earnings.
"Economic growth has come down from more than 10% in the past
five years to 7.8% in the first half of 2012, and corporate
earnings growth is also expected to slow," says James Liu,
deputy chairman and deputy CIO at the Singapore-based APS Asset
Management, which was set up in 1995 and now has $1.4 billion
|"We’ve been in China for more than a
decade and over that time we’ve continued to
deliver excess returns through a couple of cycles"
James Liu, deputy chairman and deputy CIO, APS
Asset Management, Singapore
Others agree that investors in the Chinese market are facing
unusually strong headwinds today. "We...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager