Timing is the key to HT Capital’s success
Fri Sep 21, 2012
It’s all very well having cash to spend, but it’s deciding the right time to invest that has paid dividends for long/short equity house HT Capital, says investment director Ophelia Tong
With most of the world snagged in either slow growth or no
growth mode this year, and given the considerable wealth
destruction already suffered by equity investors in recent
years, it is no wonder the appetite among investors for
equities as an asset class has been shot.
Ophelia Tong, investment director of HT Capital Management,
nonetheless remains a firm believer of equities, despite
cautioning investors not to be pushed into the market just
because they have cash to spend.
Her advice: don’t rush headlong into the
market, but do your homework before finding the right company
to put your money into.
The portfolio manager of HT Asian Catalyst Fund and HT Asian
Alpha Amoeba Fund, notes that it has now been five years since
the global financial crisis of 2008 and yet the markets are
still down. "There was so much false hope after 2008 but...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager