Cheyne builds momentum again with emphasis on core skills and strengths
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Twelve years on from its inception and after a post-crisis rejuvenation, credit-based specialist Cheyne Capital is seeing growth across all five of its key investment areas
Cheyne Capital, the London-based firm founded by ex-Morgan
Stanley duo Jonathan Lourie and Stuart Fiertz that is now 12
years old, has proved itself many times over as a survivor and
an innovator in the fast-changing and often turbulent hedge
Jonathan Lourie and Stuart Fiertz
Having overcome a number of setbacks around the credit
crisis in 2008 and 2009 and the resulting industry-wide
problems, the firm is on a roll again.
Most of its mainline funds are performing well –
several of them very well. Net assets are around $6 billion
– with $4.5 billion in hedge funds and with the firm
attracting some $3 billion of fresh capital over the past few
And new managers are joining the firm’s
45-strong investment team to expand further its range of core
investment strategies spanning corporate credit, real estate
debt, event-driven, convertible bonds and equities.
The air of...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager