Customisation workshop: Are customised portfolios the 21st century funds of funds?
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Customised portfolios are on the march, but co-mingled funds still have a place
Back to InvestHedge Forum 2012 home page
Patrick Fenal, deputy chairman of Unigestion, a $13.5 billion
asset manager, posted the question on every fund of
funds’ mind: "Will the increased use of customised
portfolios by institutional investors mean the death of
co-mingled funds of funds?"
Moderating a mixed panel of asset managers and consultants,
Fenal found that despite the veil of fear that has descended
over the industry as a whole, customisation was likely to
continue side by side with co-mingled products.
Jaume Sabater at Banque Privée Edmond de Rothschild,
a $7.7 billion funds of funds group, believed that for all
"solutions" there are advantages and inconveniences, but that
customised solutions are likely to grow side by side with
formal fund structures and that the classic fund of funds will
not go away.
"It would be...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager