Panel session: Consultants: Trojan horse or modern day saviour?
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Investors could benefit as the worlds of the funds of funds and the consultants converge
Back to InvestHedge Forum 2012 home page
With consulting firms and funds of hedge funds encroaching on
each other’s turf, it is often tough to identify
exactly which hat anyone is wearing. This can be of crucial
importance in avoiding conflicts. A FoHF manager may be asked
to disclose portfolio details to a consultant that runs a
multi-manager product of its own, to give the prime example.
| Alexandre Pini
| Mark Horne
These and other concerns were discussed during a lively
session that set out to explore whether or not consultants and
FoHFs can co-exist in mutual harmony or are destined to live in
a permanent state of distrust and conflict.
Consultants on the one hand have been increasingly asked by
their clients to implement hedge fund strategies that add value
after fees, especially in the past...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager