Panel session: Survival of the biggest: The way of M&A?
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Is M&A the inevitable key to the success of hedge fund/FoHF businesses?
Back to InvestHedge Forum 2012 home page
In the latest InvestHedge Billion Dollar FoHF Club Survey, when
asked what would govern the industry in the next five years,
61% of funds of funds said they believed consolidation would be
the driver; yet when asked individually as a firm how their
firms were going to grow, 76% said they would grow organically.
There is clearly a disconnect between perception and reality.
That said, M&A is gathering pace; in the past 18 months,
more than 20 FoHF deals have been announced – with at
least seven in 2012, including Franklin
Templeton’s recent acquisition of K2 Advisors.
As the largest FoHFs are gathering assets at a faster pace
– unsurprising when large investors need to put large
sums to work – does this environment leave...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager