Will AIFMD result in UCITS reverting back into a retail product?
Tue Nov 27, 2012
The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive creates a
unified standard for alternative investment funds.
The statistical data highlights that most of the money going
into UCITS-compliant funds is institutional money, according to
Claude Niedner, a partner from law firm Arendt &
Niedner asked a panel at the Association of the Luxembourg
Fund Industry conference last week about why institutional
investors are going into such highly regulated products.
Investors prefer regulated products because the downside is
limited compared to a non-regulated product, according to
Thomas van Ditzhuyzen, head of private labelling in Europe for
Swiss and Global Asset Management.
He told the audience: "If a non-regulated product busts, the
question comes up [about] whose fault is it and could it have
been prevented? If you are...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager