Absolute UCITS Awards
Venue: London Stock Exchange
Dates: Wednesday, 15 June 2011
Wednesday, 15 June 2011
HedgeFund Intelligence is pleased to announce that the inaugural Absolute UCITS Awards will take place on the 15 June at the London Stock Exchange. The Awards will honour the best performing risk adjusted funds of the past 12 months and will be announced during a champagne reception. Please call +44 (0) 20 7779 8999 to book your ticket!
The aim of the Absolute UCITS Awards is to recognise those absolute return UCITS funds which have produced the best risk-adjusted returns over the 12-month calendar year, from May 2010 to April 2011, with awards being presented across a variety of strategy areas.
What are the nomination criteria for each award?
- To be considered for an award, funds must submit performance data to the Absolute UCITS Database, and have at least a 12-month track record history.
- The only exception to this rule is for new fund awards where we require a minimum seven-month track record; for these awards, the funds' whole performance history to date is taken into account.
- Winners are decided using an established methodology based upon a combination of Sharpe ratios and returns over the relevant time period (see below).
- Nominations are decided by those funds in each peer group that achieve the strongest Sharpe ratios over 12 months, so long as they also beat the median returns in their relevant peer groups.
- The eventual winners will be the funds that achieve the best returns, as long as they also achieve Sharpe ratios within 25% of the best of the nominees.
- Most of the award categories require a minimum asset level of at least $50 million.
- For Fund of the Year overall: we will take into account the winners of all the various categories, as well any other funds with exceptional performance which may have missed out on other awards by being narrowly outside the range on Sharpe ratio. Nominees for Fund of the Year will not be announced until the evening of the event.
What period of time do the awards cover?
The Absolute UCITS Awards year runs from May to April. The Fund of the Year nominees will not be announced until the night of the awards.