Mergers & Acquisitions / Joint Ventures

GAM to acquire Lugano-based Arkos Capital

by

GAM has entered into agreements for the purchase of 100% of the issued share capital in Arkos Capital –a Swiss-based investment manager with assets under management of Sfr 664 million as at 31 December 2011.

GAM will acquire 74.95% of Arkos’ share capital immediately after the receipt of certain regulatory approvals, which are expected before the end of the second quarter. The remaining stake of 25.05%, which is currently held by the management of Arkos, will be acquired through deferred cash payments linked to the future development of the business. The acquisition is expected to be accretive from day