Mergers & Acquisitions / Joint Ventures

GAM to acquire Swiss-based Arkos as consolidation accelerates


GAM has announced it is to acquire Arkos Capital, a Swiss-regulated independent investment management firm with assets under management of some €530 million. The transaction should close before the end of the second quarter, subject to regulatory approvals.

All of Arkos’ key personnel, including its investment team, will be retained by GAM and will continue to work out of Lugano.

GAM will acquire 74.95% of Arkos’ share capital immediately after regulatory approval is received, with the remaining 25.05% - which is currently held by Arkos management – being acquired via deferred cash payments linked to the future development