AsiaHedge takes a look at what lies ahead for the Asian hedge fund industry in terms of start-ups, capital raising, regulation, investment themes and the macro economic environment
- Regulatory headwinds: Redefining the industry
- Start-up scene in 2011: On a slow sizzle
- Capital-raising: A continuing challenge
- Investment landscape: opportunities and challenges
- Macro-economics: Combating inflationary winds
As the Asian hedge funds industry gears up to face the new year, industry players can expect nothing short of a challenging time ahead. Even without another Madoff or Lehman Brothers seismic shock, 2011 is shaping up to be tough year to start up a hedge fund, bring new assets into an existing one, and maintain good performance.
Against a backdrop of increasing regulatory interest in hedge fund