Launches & Closures Hedge Funds

Seasons Capital shutters tech funds


The San Francisco-based firm, which once managed $2.6 billion, is returning all capital to investors. Founder Ravi Kaza, a Duquesne Capital alum, will run the firm as a family office.

Seasons Capital Management, a San Francisco-based firm that invested primarily in technology, media and telecom stocks, is winding down its three hedge funds following declining assets and in response to a more challenging environment for stock pickers.

As of April 2010, the firm managed approximately $700 million, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, down from a peak of $2.6 billion in December 2007.

The firm managed the Seasons Core Fund, Seasons Aggressive Fund, and the Seasons Leveraged Fund, and will return 95% of all investor capital by the end of June. The remaining 5%