Hedge Funds

Sequence starts tech/consumer fund


New York-based Sequence Capital recently debuted its first fund focused on the technology and consumer sectors. Started by Jennifer Klein and Anurag Sanyal, who were colleagues at Zweig-DiMenna, the opportunistic and event-driven fund invests in stocks in the small- to mid-cap area.

The portfolio will on average be 75% invested in technology stocks picked by Sanyal, who was most recently a tech analyst for SAC Capital. The remaining 25% will be invested in consumer services, retail and education, which will be handled by Klein, who hails from Tremblant Capital, where she held the position of consumer services analyst.