CFP eyes $100m for fast-growing commodity sector equity strategy
Fri Feb 28, 2014
Despite the inherent volatility of the commodity markets, Ventosa’s fund has posted only two monthly losses to date
CFP Equity, the energy and utilities-focused long/short equity
fund managed by former Cygnus Asset Management co-founder
Alvaro Ventosa, is now into its second year of trading and is
seeing good inflows from investors following a good run of
performance in 2013.
||Thomas Rassmuson, Alvaro Ventosa and Jonathan
The fund began 2014 with $32 million under management, and
assets have already jumped to $50 million – with
Ventosa predicting, based on actual commitments as well as
indications from other investors, that the fund will hit $100
million within the next three or four months.
The fund is run by CF Partners, the London-based commodities
house founded by Thomas Rassmuson and...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager