AllianceBernstein teams with Kynikos for UCITS debut
By Siobhan Hallissey
Tue Jun 6, 2017
AllianceBernstein (AB) has partnered with James Chanos’ Kynikos Associates to launch its first single manager sub-advised UCITS fund on its Investor Access Platform.
The AB Kynikos Portfolio launched in February with $20 million in assets. It follows the global short equity strategy that Chanos launched in 2005, the global version of the US-focused strategy he has managed since 1985. Chanos and his team use fundamental research of companies and industries seeking to identify and take short exposure to companies, which will be revalued downward from their current price. The portfolio holds 50 to 100 short positions with limits of approximately 3% per position.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager